Friday, September 5, 2008

Fantasy Football - A new year, a new season

I've seen a couple of blog posts about fantasy football on PlanetLotus.com and thought I'd throw my team out there as well.

I've been involved in my local fantasy football league for close to 20 years now. I took a year off during this stretch, but couldn't give it up. I've been the commissioner of the league for close to 10 years now. It's been fun, but as any commissioner will tell you, it's a thankless job. One of the best moves I've made as a commissioner (patting myself on the back), was moving us to an online league management website many years ago. We started out at NFL.com (free at the time), then switched to sportsline.com (again, free), but when they started charging close to $150 for a league, I looked elsewhere. I found MyFantasyLeague.com and it was only $70-80 per year, and it was fully customizable (both in league setup and web design.) We've been there for 6 years now and everyone seems to like it.

Our league a 10 team, redraft league. We have 16 rounds, but 18 roster positions. Here is the my team:

Player
Cutler, Jay DEN QB
Delhomme, Jake CAR QB
Forte, Matt CHI RB (R)
Lewis, Jamal CLE RB
Perry, Chris CIN RB
Peterson, Adrian MIN RB
Turner, Michael ATL RB
Washington, Leon NYJ RB
Burleson, Nate SEA WR
Evans, Lee BUF WR
Johnson, Chad CIN WR
Owens, Terrell DAL WR
White, Roddy ATL WR
Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE
Miller, Zach OAK TE
Scobee, Josh JAC PK
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def
Redskins, Washington WAS Def

I'm pretty happy with the team, but with the injuries to Jamal Lewis (on my home team Cleveland Browns) and Chad Ocho Cinco, I am a little worried right now. We'll see how things go this weekend.

No comments: