Monday, September 15, 2008

Fantasy Football - Week 2

Well, it's been a good start to the season. I'm currently 1-0 after the first week, and am winning my second week's matchup, going into tonight's Monday Night Football game.

Won my first week's game, thanks to a fine performance by Jay Cutler (QB - Denver) on Monday night. Finished with the most points for the week, which will net me some waiver wire money.

As for Week 2, Michael Turner (RB - Atlanta) was a letdown this week after last week's performance, but, again, Jay Cutler didn't disappoint me, throwing for over 350 yards and 4 TD's and one 2 point conversion pass. Of course, he should have had only 3 TD's, but thanks to a blown call by the refs, he had 4. I've got a slim 20 point lead going into tonight's game, with Terrell Owen (WR - Dallas) starting for me, and Jason Witten (TE - Dallas) and the Cowboys D going for my opponent. I'm hoping that TO will do what is necessary to secure my win.

I may not finish 1st in total points this week, but I will definitely finish in the Top 3, which will still net me some more waiver wire money.

As for my team, I did lose Nate Burleson (WR - Seattle) for the year, but replaced him with Courtney Taylor (WR - Seattle.) It's not that Taylor was high on my list of players to get, but that I was last in the waiver wire order and Taylor was the only one on my list of players I wanted to pick up. I tried for Eddie Royal (WR - Denver), Devery Henderson (WR - New Orleans), and a few others, but it was not to be.

I forgot to mention in my first Fantasy Football post, I do subscribe to a fantasy football website (FootballGuys.com.) I've been with them for about 8 or 9 years now, and since finding them, I've been doing a lot better in my league than I did without them. If you are looking for fantasy football information, FootballGuys.com are tough to beat with the information and tools they give all year round.

We'll see how tonight goes...

No comments: