Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am in need...

I just thought I would throw this out here to see if I could get any kind of assistance.

I work at a chemical manufacturer. All of our plant personnel have to go through a lot of training for various processes, safety, man lifts, fork trucks, etc. In some cases, there are prerequisites training classes they have to take before taking another specific training class.

Here's a portion of the email that I received from our HR department on some of the requirements for the database:

1. At this point we are tracking approximately 30 different categories for all of our employees. There could be more categories as time goes by.
2. Depending on the type of training it is required
3. Depending on the type of position it is required
4. Some of our training is set up that they can't complete "x" until they have completed another segment
5. A volume of our training is "renewable". Section "x" is good for ___ time frame
6. We have trackable license renewals as well (edit: I'm not sure what this is all about yet)

I'm going to meet with HR to discuss this more, and get more information about their needs and wants.

I do have a local Lotus Notes business partner that could create this database for me, but I'd hate to reinvent the wheel if there is a product already out there that could handle most, if not all, of our needs.

If you know of a Notes based product that I could take a look at, I would appreciate a link.

No comments: