Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lotusphere 2009 - It's final... I'm out

I know you all were holding your breath, hoping that I would be going to Orlando this year. Alas, it's just not to be this year.

With the economy the way it is, we've been asked to cut as much as possible for the 1st quarter of 2009. I know I could charge the registration to the 2008 budget, but the expenses (hotel, airfare, etc.) would go on the 2009 budget, and therein lies the problem.

It was a tough decision, and it was ultimately me, who made the decision, not to go. I'm disappointed in the decision, but I think it is for the best, at least for now. I'll explain in another blog post later.

For now, I will wish those of you whom I met and know, a good time at Lotusphere 2009. I wish I could be there, but there will always be Lotusphere '10 to look forward to.

No comments: