Monday, May 5, 2008

10K a Day for One Month

Our company has started a 10K a Day for One Month health program. Today is the first day. The idea is to get up to at least 10,000 steps in one day. The company has about 45-50 people (out of about 120) signed up for this program, and has given everyone a pedometer, a fanny pack with a water bottle which you won't see me wearing), and a log to keep track of how many steps you took. At the end of the four weeks (June 4th), all logs are turned in, and names of all the participants (who turned in the logs) will be entered into a drawing for an unnamed prize. This should be interesting.

It's no secret that I need to lose weight. I figured this would be a good way to help in that process. I've been trying to get on the treadmill at home, but my will power is not what it once was. I've worn this pedometer since I got it sometime last week. The most steps I've taken in one day is about 1500. I've got a long, long way to go.

I wish they would have started this back in January... say around Lotusphere time...

Wish me luck.

No comments: