Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Morning Review...

What a weekend!

Played golf on Friday afternoon. What a beautiful day. Shot an 82, but double bogied the last two holes. Still, I played well and had a good time with friends.

Saturday was my birthday. My son had Opening Day Ceremonies for little league baseball. He had pictures at 9:15 a.m. and his game at 10:15 a.m. They had a pancake breakfast from 8-10 a.m. and blowup things for the kids to play on. My son's team won their game, 11-7. He had two hits (a single and a double, an RBI or two, and scored two runs.) We finally left around 2:30 p.m. When we got home, I decided that if I didn't mow, I wasn't going to be able to do it before this coming weekend, and by then, it would too high, so I got on the rider and mowed. Took me a couple of hours, but it looks better.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Being that I was actually born on Mother's Day, it's more special for my Mom and me. This is the first year in quite awhile that we've not been together on Mother's Day. I did call and wish her well, though. The weather was crappy all day... in the low 50's and rainy all day. Spent the day indoors. My wife and daughter (6) got things around for a yard sale we're having this weekend, and my son and I watched "National Treasure", golf, and women's bowling... how's that for a trifecta?

As for the 10K a Day for the weekend... got in 5000+ steps on Friday, 4500+ steps on Saturday, and on Sunday... well, I got in about 3000 steps, only because I forced myself on the treadmill Sunday evening, as I looked at the pedometer and I hadn't even reached a 1000 steps yet that day.

All in all it was a great weekend. Going to be a busy week this week with two baseball games, golf on Wednesday (if the weather holds out), and a yard sale Thursday through Saturday. Sounds like more fun than humans should be allowed, huh?

Have a great week!

No comments: