Thursday, May 15, 2008

Golf League - Week 4

Well... there was a thought that we would be rained out again tonight, but the rain moved East and it cleared up a little bit. Cool, windy, and wet... not great golf weather, but it was better than not playing at all.

I started out good. We played the back nine this week. I parred the first five holes, but should have had a birdie or two in there. On the 10th hole, I was pin high off the green, and chipped on and hit the pin, but the ball didn't fall into the hole. I should have straightened up the pin before hitting my shot, as the pin was leaning towards me. Starting with the 15th hole, I bogied, double bogied, double bogied, and bogied to finish with a 42. I wasn't happy at all. Bad second shots on 15 and 16 (both came up short of the green) and my putting, which was great for the first five holes, left me stranded somewhere. On 17, I didn't hit my drive particularly well, but I was ok. I've abandoned my 3 wood now and tried my 5 wood. Not much better. I'm either going to have to find a new set of fairway woods, or just stick with my 3 iron, which I hit much better.

It was a disappointing end to what could have been a great round for me. I've got to find some time to hit the range and feel more comfortable with my fairway woods.

No comments: